24 Feb 2017
Pybus Market is conducting a poster contest among artists who are residents of Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan and Grant counties. The winning entry will become the official poster for Pybus Market during its 2017-18 season.
Submitted artwork must portray the spirit of Pybus Market in a painted or drawn medium. Submissions are due by June 1, 2017. One winner will be selected and announced at an unveiling party on June 7, 2017 at 12:00 pm. Winning artist will receive $200.00, also 25 free prints, and free display space at Pybus Market. The artist also agrees to donate the original artwork to Pybus Market. Second prize will be $50.00.
Pybus Market expects to sell a limited edition of the winning poster for its 2017-18 season. The winning entry will be chosen by the Pybus Market Art Committee.
For questions, please contact Jacobi Schall at 509-888-3900 or e-mail email@example.com.
Poster Contest Rules: The Spirit of Pybus
- The contest is open to residents age 16 and over of Chelan, Douglas, Grant and Okanogan counties.
- Artwork must portray the “Spirit of Pybus Market”.
- Artwork must be an original, unpublished work.
- Artwork may be in a painted or drawn medium. Entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, oil, acrylic or watercolor paint. No photography or computer enhanced or computer animated work, please.
- Artwork should be suitable for a finished poster approx. 14″ x 22″ in size (portrait orientation, not landscape) with room at the bottom for sponsor logos and Pybus Market contact information. The name “Pybus Market” may be incorporated into the design or placed at the bottom of the poster.
- Submit artwork in digital PDF format to Pybus Market, via disk or e-mail, by June 1, 2017, along with name, address, phone number, email address and short bio/resume.
- Entries are due June 1, 2017 and the winner will be announced on June 7, 2017 at an unveiling party.
- Winning artist will receive $200.00, also 25 free prints and two free day table spaces to display their work. Second place will receive $50.00.
- Pybus Market will retain ownership of the original. Pybus Market may reproduce, sell or re-use copies of the artwork in perpetuity in conjunction with its marketing plans in its total discretion.
One of the best kept secrets about Pybus Public Market is its organizational structure. Most people don’t realize that Pybus Market is a 501c(3) non-profit. While each of our merchants are for-profit businesses, the overarching entity that governs the Market is a non-profit. We think that gives us several advantages. First, it means a donation made by the community to Pybus Market Charitable Foundation is tax deductible. Second, our non-profit status means that we engage in charitable activities that benefit the community. Third, it acts as a reminder that we were created by the community, for the community. Pybus Market is governed by a 17-person board of directors representing a cross section of the community.
28 Dec 2016
Pybus Market announces its slate of Winter quarter classes every Tuesday night at 7:00pm from January 10 through March 28 on unique topics for the general public. Topics range from health and wellness, loosing weight, wine, Wenatchee history, knitting , foster parenting, honey bees, dahlias and jewelry, to name a few. Classes are free, unless otherwise indicated. Class size is generally limited to 30 people per class. Classes are generally located in front of the Cashmere Valley Bank Community Kitchen. Classes are taught by local volunteers with an interest and aptitude in the subject. The public is invited to register for as many — or as few — classes as they like.
To register for any of the twelve classes, click here: http://www.pybuspublicmarket.org/contact-us/pybus-university/
10 Dec 2016
Looking for that perfect gift for a holiday, birthday, for a relative or a teacher? Pybus Public Market has a couple options for you:
First, consider a gift of Pybus Bucks, where a cool $5 wooden token is good as cash with all Pybus Market vendors and the Wenatchee Valley Farmers Market.
Purchase Pybus Bucks from the information table at Pybus Market, Cha’ Fine Teas, or the business office at Pybus Market or call (509) 888-3900.
A second gift option is to give a “legacy” gift of an engraved paver. Let your friend or loved one’s name be a part of Pybus Public Market for the long term. Pybus pavers come in three sizes — large, medium or regular — and make the perfect holiday gift! Call the office for pricing options at 509–888–3900. And best of all, your purchase of an engraved paver is tax deductible because Pybus Market Charitable Foundation is a 501c(3) non-profit.
30 Oct 2016
We are creating a motto to build awareness that Pybus Public Market is a non-profit organization, governed by a 16 person community board of directors, aimed at building community, supporting other non-profits, doing educational programs and making the Wenatchee Valley a better place to live, work and play. Cast your vote now for your favorite motto, or write in your own suggestion by clicking here: