Pybus Market Charitable Foundation
The Pybus Market Charitable Foundation was founded in 2012 by Mike and JoAnn Walker — in conjunction with the Port of Chelan County and the City of Wenatchee — to establish a public market for the greater community benefit. The Foundation’s strategy is to leverage the power, popularity and physical infrastructure of Pybus Public Market to create and maintain charitable activities at the Market benefiting a broad cross-section of the community. By intention, the Foundation engages in a broad set of charitable activities at Pybus Market, rather than a narrow set.
The Foundation’s mission statement reads:
“Pybus Market Charitable Foundation is the conscience of Pybus Market. It enhances the quality of life in north central Washington, now and for generations to come, by engaging in charitable activities at Pybus Market that build community, support other non-profits and are educational in nature.”
The Foundation does this by:
- Providing community building forums to promote diversity and encouraging civic engagement through naturalization services, voter registration drives and educational community events.
- Providing space and programs to serve the poor, homeless, distressed and underprivileged.
- Fostering the arts by supporting artistic educational programs and performances.
- Promoting health and education through access to healthcare services, support groups, engagement and forums on subjects ranging from health conscience cooking classes to lectures on the history of the Valley.
- Providing family friendly activities and a safe place for children to discover and learn through games and competitions.
- Hosting and promoting other charitable activities and non-profits, providing free and reduced rate facility fees for gatherings and worship.
To sustain these efforts in the long term, public sponsorships and individual donations are crucial. Make a donation now to help Pybus Market continue to serve our community.
Contact the Pybus Market Charitable Foundation at 509-888-3900 to learn more.